All building works at Jandakot Airport are subject to regulatory controls by the Federal Government under the Airports Act 1996 and the Airports (Building Control) Regulations 1996.
An Airport Building Controller (ABC) is appointed by the Commonwealth Government to ensure that activities at Jandakot Airport meet the appropriate building and engineering standards. The ABC must be notified about any and all construction and building activities and formal approval given by way of a Building or Works Permit before works commence. This includes new buildings, fit-outs, civil works such as roads and drains, trenching and excavation, and demolition activities.
Under the Airports Regulations, minor building and construction activities (e.g. repairs and alterations) do not require a formal application, but must be brought to the attention of the ABC.
Jandakot Airport Holdings Pty Ltd (JAH) provides and maintains a comprehensive network of electrical, water, sewerage, gas and telecommunication services. The installation or replacement of plant and equipment that requires connection to electrical, sewerage, gas, water or telecommunication services must be approved by both the ABC and JAH.
Where works involve interruptions or changes to aircraft activities, a Method of Working Plan (MOWP) may need to be developed to plan works to minimize interruptions to aircraft activities. JAH will advise if an MOWP is required.
Leasing & Development Guidelines
Please refer to the Jandakot Airport Leasing and Development Guidelines for information about the development approval requirements and processes.
- JANDAKOT AIRPORT Leasing & Development Guidelines [PDF 1.4 MB] - Document Currently Under Review
- JANDAKOT CITY Leasing & Development Guidelines [PDF 1.8 MB] - Document Currently Under Review
- Landscape Design Guidelines [PDF 438KB]
Jandakot Airport Policies
Jandakot Airport Forms
- FO312 Sewage Installation Application [PDF 108KB]
- FO307 Contractor Insurance Details [PDF 92KB]
- FO309 Application For Sub-Lease [PDF 116 KB]
- FO311 Development Expression of Interest [PDF 68 KB]
- FO304 Development Application Form (Jandakot Airport) [PDF 104KB]
- FO323 Development Application Form (Jandakot City) [PDF 72KB]
- FO317 Signage Application [PDF 16KB]
- FO330 Jandakot Works Application [PDF 24KB]
- FO324 Jandakot City Works Application [PDF 36KB]
Airport Building Controller (ABC) Forms
- Procedure for Obtaining Statutory Approvals for Building Activities Jandakot Airport [PDF 107KB]
- Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) payments to the Airport Building Controller [PDF 98KB]
- Application for Building Permit [PDF 140KB]
- Application for Works Permit [PDF 141KB]
- Application for Demolition Authorisation [PDF 122KB]
- Airport Building Controller Fees [PDF 93KB]